Monday, July 03, 2006

P.C. Day 1

So today is P.C. Day 1. Maybe you're expecting me to hold my head up high and say that I've met my daily quota of ten unknown people I'll greet.

I regret to say I didn't greet a single person today. That's not saying that I'm unfriendly or reclusive cause I do greet my friends but greetings friends ain't part of my personal project.

I woke up with huge expectancy, full of confidence that I'll meet my quota but at the end of the day, I'm shaken and humbled by my own actions.

I jauntily skipped out of the house, notebook and pen in my pocket, hoping to meet someone in the lift that I could wish good morning, ready to jot down happy stuff. The lift arrived vacant.

Not to be discouraged, I walked to the bus-stop with a beam on my face, as if telling the world "come! I ain't gonna frown, not just yet!"

I mentally steered myself to wish the bus driver good morning. Unfortunately, the bus was packed and upon seeing the uncle's stern, unsmiling, disgruntled face, I swallowed my words. Literally. My mouth automatically zipped closed, the smile blown away.

I think i'm gonna add another column in the counter. How many times I said Thank You because I think too many times we say Thank You without really meaning it. But from now on, I'm gonna mean it!

I can't help but shudder when i wonder how people can live everyday life without greeting someone. The mental preparation of greeting someone gives me an adrenaline and endophins-rush. honest! You try it!


Day 1: Failure!