Monday, August 14, 2006

Today.


Today. 14/8/2006.

On This Day, the first book that was printed was published in 1457.

On This Day, France became the first country to introduce registration plates in 1893.

On This Day, Pakistan became independent of British rule in 1947.

On This Day, U.S. ended its bombing of Cambodia in 1973.

On This Day, Hans christian Oersted was born in 1777. He was a Danish scientist who discovered electromagnetism.

On This Day, in 1945, Steve Martin, American Emmy Award-winning comedy writer, comedian, actor, author was born.

Every day some one dies and some one is born. It may be someone you know of, it may be not. It may be someone you might in the future, an employee of yours or perhaps even your boss, or it may be not.

Today, I thank God. For today. The fact that the people born today I may never meet, the people who died today I never knew, is a fact. The fact that keeps us going. That fills us with compassion and makes us humane.

We humans are a troublesome lot. We groan about our work, we moan about today, the troubles, the hurts, the pains, the sorrows and then we worry about tomorrow.

Relax. Why worry about tomorrow when you have enough on your plate.

I thank God today. For my friends. For new-found friends. For the outing I had with a female friend today. For showing me that despite the roughness in this world, where dark and morbid things lie in wait, there are people who are sensitive. Who are kind. Who are gentle. In fact, so gentle they appear to be coaxing the rice onto the spoon. Who does not live on a planet higher than those around her. I thank God for humility.

I thank God for friendship. and the fact that it never changes

From the moment we learn to speak, till the second we take our last breath of the air of this earth, friendship is there. To keep us alive, to hurt and wound us till our body is broken, to bring memories both bitter and sweet, to highlight the chracteristics of people both good and bad, to make us aware of who we are.

I've found an interesting friend. Have you?
I've thank God for her. Have You?