Thursday, March 17, 2011

media burnout

I'm getting a bit tired from studying about media. To think that I've studied it for three years and will do so for another year or part thereof.

Sure, it's fun. But when you keep studying effects of media on people, and its persuasive abilities; or agenda setting via articles; I get a bit disillusioned.

Maybe I'm more one to one basis. I would rather deal with one person at a time, than impact a whole audience at the same time.

I don't think I'll be a journalist. Yes, I can write. after alls, euu dun c journalizsts rite lk these. But writing isn't all about it, journalists have to be ruthless and fake empathy. How many times can one feel for a victim of a hit and run, or a family devasted by a natural disaster? And one has to prod and poke to retrieve all the details too.

Do you realize, that the media needs natural disasters and mankind's seven deadly sins, to be profitable? Nobody wants to read about unsensational news. That's what blogs are for.

I'm a bit disillusioned. Maybe burning out. I might be a tech journalist. Or perhaps the entertainment sector of media, like audio editing.

But for now, it's just me and my callers.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7