Thursday, March 10, 2011

What to study

Have you ever thought
what you would study?

I mean, if you could create and choose your modules,
and not bound by costs.

I thought about mine.

I would take a module in greek mythology, in christian history, in psychology, in learning malay, and in creating an e-commerce website.

Of course, the question would then be what on earth would such a degree ever be named.
And I have no clue.

But can this be done?

I would very much choose to believe so.
I believe in the future, students are able to customize their modules
and that in that new era, employers don't question what major is your degree in
or which university is from
but rather what skills do you have
and what knowledge do you know.

The future will be a knowledge based economy.
So why worry about the name of the university
or the nature of the degree
and neglect the knowledge one has gleamed
and is able to boost the company?